We're so excited to see you at Florida Supercon 2021! Our team is currently reviewing the Florida Supercon health and safety guidelines as they relate to public health recommendations. We're working closely with other event organizers and venue partners, and will provide an update as soon as possible regarding protocols for Florida Supercon.
Security, Health & Safety
We’re excited to welcome you back to Florida Supercon!
At Florida Supercon and all ReedPop events, your health and safety are our top priorities. We’ve implemented new guidelines and policies based on current CDC Guidelines, local public health guidance and the Miami Beach Convention Center protocols to help support a safe and comfortable experience, and we will continue to update you here as safety standards evolve. Please review the updated protocols below for more information about what you can expect at Florida Supercon. Please check back often because additional details about policies and procedures will be posted here as they are made available.
Everyone at Florida Supercon should follow the CDC guidelines regarding approved face coverings for fully vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. In accordance with public health guidance, unvaccinated individuals should wear an approved face covering. By not wearing an approved face covering, you certify that you are fully vaccinated and that others can rely on that as a truthful statement.
Please respect that individuals may choose to continue using face coverings based on their personal preference. We will rely on our guests to accurately follow the guidelines based on their vaccination status.
For more details and requirements about face coverings, please click here.
Please note: Based on current local and venue health guidelines, this policy applies to all attendees, including cosplayers, exhibitors, guests, artists, and staff. We will continue to evaluate this policy and post updates as they are available.
Costume and Cosplay: These policies apply to cosplay and costume pieces. Face coverings must be visible at all times. For this reason, headwear and cosplay pieces which cover the face in a manner which does not visibly fit the face covering requirements will not be permitted by unvaccinated individuals..
We appreciate your understanding.
In 2021, Florida Supercon will have reduced capacity from prior years - attendance and badges will be very limited and we are working closely with the venue to determine how many people are permitted in the building each day and at a given time.
Increased Sanitization and Hygiene
ReedPop is working closely with the Miami Beach Convention Center to implement cleaning and sanitization standards that meet or exceed the recommendations of the CDC. It is the responsibility of every individual to maintain good personal hygiene, including washing your hands frequently.
Directional and Distance Markings
We have adjusted our layout and implemented exhibitor guidelines with capacity management and physical distancing in mind. Please follow all floor, directional and distance markings and signage.
We have adjusted our layout and implemented exhibitor guidelines and requirements to promote physical distancing. Please help us maintain the well-being of everyone at Florida Supercon by maintaining a distance of 6 ft. (2 meters) between you and others.
Follow All Signage and Direction from Staff
Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event in order to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. Please adhere to all signage and direction from all staff, including our Safety Ambassadors.
Florida Supercon, our management and our partners are committed to upholding the health & safety standards outlined on this page. We will continue to monitor the guidance of public health authorities and government agencies going forward and will make appropriate adjustments in the future based on that guidance - additional details about policies and procedures will be posted here as they are made available. To read more about our efforts to ensure Health & Safety at ReedPop and RX in the new normal, please click here.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation, and we hope you enjoy the show!
HEALTH & SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Please ensure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to the United States and for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/ for more information.
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including Florida Supercon. Prior to purchasing a ticket/badge for and attending Florida Supercon, please ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention. By attending Florida Supercon, you acknowledge this inherent risk on behalf of yourself and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian, and, as a condition of entering Florida Supercon, you acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian will abide by all Florida Supercon health-and-safety requirements;
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Prior to attending Florida Supercon you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine;
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian are not under any self-quarantine orders; and
- That Florida Supercon will not verify vaccination status. By not wearing an approved face covering, you certify that you are fully vaccinated (people are considered fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). If any Minor for which you serve as Guardian is not wearing an approved face covering, you certify that such Minor is fully vaccinated.
For purposes of this acknowledgement, a “Minor” means any individual who is under eighteen (18) years of age or has not reached the age of majority as defined by such individual’s jurisdiction of residence, and a “Guardian” means such Minor’s parent or legal guardian or other individual attending Florida Supercon who is over the age of eighteen (18) and acting in loco parentis for such Minor.
Please do not enter Florida Supercon or Miami Beach Convention Center if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at Florida Supercon you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave Miami Beach Convention Center at the sole discretion of event management.
Please note: The guidelines in this document are based on information currently available regarding the behavior and characteristics of the COVID-19 virus, public health information and local or state guidelines with respect to large gatherings in any particular community. As more clarity with respect to these variables emerges, it is expected that these guidelines may need to be adjusted accordingly
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
As of 6/14/21, based on the CDC Guidelines, we anticipate that fully vaccinated individuals will not be required to wear face coverings while attending Florida Supercon. Of course, fully vaccinated individuals may continue to wear a face covering.
Additional details and guidelines on acceptable face coverings can be found here.
ReedPop and Florida Supercon show management partner closely with the Miami Beach Convention Center, and local, state, and federal health authorities to maintain a robust operational plan designed to maximize the health and safety of everyone. These Include:
- Strict Compliance with Code of Conduct (including Signage and Staff Guidance)
- Retention of Exhibitor and Attendee information for contact tracing purposes
- Increased Sanitization and Cleaning Procedures - trash will be removed from the exhibit halls with greater frequency
- Designated entrance and exit points to the event floor
- Directional and Distance Markings
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Layout design and spaces that promote physical distancing
- Exhibitor guidelines and booth design standards
- Reduced contact transactions
- Physical distancing incorporated in seating areas
- Increased staff and security to provide the BEST customer service and information accessibility
The Miami Beach Convention Center maintains an extensive health & safety plan for all events, including Florida Supercon. For more information, please click here.
The MBCC is proud to have received GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation in recognition of enhanced venue health and safety measures. Established by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (a division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association) the GBAC STAR™ program establishes requirements to support venue work practices, protocols, procedures, and systems that minimize risks associated with infectious agents such as COVID-19
Everyone is expected to fully comply with all health and safety guidelines. Acknowledging the guidelines and agreeing to comply is a requirement of entry (See the Health & Safety Acknowledgement above). Florida Supercon will have specially designated Safety Ambassadors available to ensure all guidelines are being followed. A Health & Safety Contact phone number will be clearly noted on signage throughout Florida Supercon to allow for reporting of any concerns or issues.
Florida Supercon expects everyone attending Florida Supercon to adhere to our various policies, including anti-harassment, security screening, and more. Please click here to learn more about the other policies in place at Florida Supercon.
Florida Supercon has adopted several exhibitor best practices based on industry standards. By taking advantage of these recommendations, your organization will help ensure a safer experience for all attendees and customers. Please note that these recommendations may be revised and supplemented to ensure compliance with state, local and venue requirements. The Exhibitor Manual will be updated periodically to provide clear guidance on recommendations and requirements for Exhibitors. The following guidelines will help in the planning of your booth space:
- Space Layout & Design: Keep physical distancing in mind when creating your booth layout - maximize physical distance between exhibitor staff and visitors to the extent possible and consider occupancy guidelines
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol should be available within every exhibit booth
- One-Way Traffic: For larger island and peninsula booths it is recommended to establish one-way traffic flow with marked entrances and exits
- Throughput: Control the scale, size and timing of meetings or gatherings within your space; avoid creating crowds
- Dividers: Exhibitors may choose to utilize transparent dividers in areas where people will be in close contact. These are available through our general contractor.
- Reduce Contact: Consider touchless (electronic and digital) alternatives to engagement, collateral material and giveaways
- Signage: Incorporate signage promoting health and safety best practices and any requirements associated with your space
- Increased Cleaning: Plan for cleaning of spaces and high-touch products or surfaces throughout the day; regularly sanitize surfaces and items with appropriate cleaning products
- Promotional Materials: Consider individually packaged promotional materials
- Hospitality: Contact your sales representative to discuss any proposed hospitality offerings in your booth and ensure they comply with the venue’s requirements